Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two Parts Wry Observations: With the 18th pick of the draft...

Sigh.  Football season is over.  There are still a few games to be played, but without the Steelers, does the world really care?

This does give us an opportunity to look back at the year.  Specifically, let's look back at my football rants and raves and see just how full of shit I am.

Way back in the preseason, we visited the topic of Rich Rod breaking NCAA rules by practicing his players more than allowed.  For a few weeks, it looked like it was worth it as Michigan started out 4-0.  Then reality set in, with only Michigan going 1-7, beating only 1AA Deleware St.  In spite of the fact that they sat out bowl season, Tate Forcier just threw 4 more interceptions.  Suck it big blue.  I didn't really make any bold statements.  Everyone knows that he's a d-bag.

After the OSU vs USC game I complained about Jim Tressel's lack of balls.  I'll stand by that.  Though I would not want to trade seasons with USC at this point.  Not running qb sneaks on short 3rd and 4th downs with a 6'5" beast at qb is inexcusable.

Jerry Jones does indeed look like the Geico Lizard.

Jay Cutler does look like bucky buzzard.

I talked smack leading into the Bungles game.  That didn't work out so well.

After the game, I lamented that fact that the Steelers D was giving up 4th quarter leads.  An unfortunate sign of things to come, whether they won or lost.

All kinds of bold statements here.
  • Ohio State is king turd on top of shit mountain.  Mostly true.  The turds got polished during bowl season. 
  • Bobby Bowden will never catch Joe Pa.  Not that bold, but true.
  • Notre Dame is the worst tackling team in football.  Even worse than Michigan.
  • I don't think that there is a dominant team in College Football, maybe Texas.  We'll see.  They were hardly dominant at the end of the year.  But a wins a win.
  • The San Diego Chargers are the Va Tech of football.  Of course, they won out after that.  I still think that they will blow it in the playoffs.
  • They Bronco's may be for real, Cowboy's definitely not.  Denver imploded, Dallas got hot at the end and won their division.  Moving on.
  • The Titans need to start Vince Young.  He went 7-1 as a starter.  Most of the credit has to go to Chris Johnson, the number one choice in every fantasy draft next year.
Here I claimed that the Ravens Defense sucked almost as much as Pittsburgh's.  I stand by that.

It turns out that Tim Tebow will not be ascending directly into heaven after the National Title game.


Yippee!  It's the rapture!

Come November.  OSU was on cruise control and the Steelers left me with nothing but complaints and heart ache.

Not too many bold pridictions, but for the most part.  I got it my calls right.

Stay tuned throughout the off-season for more booze fuled fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment