Saturday, January 9, 2010

C-Buzzed: Villa Nova




Their website can be found here.

That frosty mug of goodness can be had for $3.00 at happy hour.  It is officially the coldest beer in Columbus at 32° F.  To add to the greatness, they bring out free pizza, wings, subs, corn dogs and other greasy treats for free.  Their pizza is one of the best in town.

Mrs. Rye usually insists on veggie pizzas.  My routine is to order the pizza, and drive there as fast as possible to get a big beer and my required dose of nitrates while the girly pizza is being cooked.  On New Years Eve, we stopped by on the way home from running some errands.  Little did I know that I was going to get a fan of my drinking prowess.  I had about 1/4 of the mug left when the pizza was ready.  With a pizza in my right hand, a wife heading for the door, there was only one thing to do.  Knock it back.  One of the regulars cheared the chug, "That's how you do it man!" but the story gets better.  Last night we ate at the restaurant with Cousin David.  I went to the head and my fan came in and started telling his friend about what is apparently going to be a chug of great legend.  "Hey you're that guy!"  It's not often that you get a round of applause in the men's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment