Thursday, January 21, 2010

Widmer Brothers the Original Drifter Pale Ale

Web Stuff:  With its unique citrus character, smooth drinkability, and distinctive hop character, Drifter Pale Ale is truly an original. Brewed with generous amounts of Summit hops, a variety known for their intense citrus flavors and aromas, Drifter has a taste unique to the Pale Ale category. True to style, the bittering hops are perceptible enough to give the beer a crisp, clean, quenching finish, yet also soft enough to keep the beer smooth and balanced.


How does it taste?  Pretty much like they say above.  I find that my taste in craft brew is drifting towards balanced flavors.  It makes me feel like a stuffy wine critic that complains about "fruit bomb" wines.  I don't mind big alcohol, big hops, I just want balance in the flavor.  This is a very tasty drinkable pale ale.  Well done folks.

Cost: Mix & Match 6 pack
Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment