Week in Review: My crack research team did some investigating, and Boise is a city and not a state. Thus, Boise State is out. Stanford is also out. Anyone with a thorough understanding of the second law of thermodynamics knows that only one Pac-10 team can be good at a time. Also, they gave up 28 points to a shitty Washington State team. Egads.
This weeks ranking:
- Auburn (8-0) Defeated LSU 24-17. Can we send Cam Newton the Heisman now and get it over with?
- Oregon (7-0) Defeated UCLA 60-13. Bill Walton is spinning in his grave.
- Michigan State (8-0) Defeated Northwestern 35-27. I suspect that they traded uniforms prior to kickoff. Northwestern blew a lead that would have had John L Smith smacking himself.
- Alabama (7-1) Defeated Tennessee 41-10. The Iron Bowl is looking more and more like the de facto National Title game.
- Missouri (7-0) Defeated Oklahoma 36-17. The Big 12 sucks, but they are undefeated. For now.
- Wisconsin (7-1) Defeated Iowa 31-30. Bucky wins big in back to back weeks.
- LSU (7-1) Lost to Auburn. Les Miles is busy preparing for the Michigan job that accepted in 2007.
- Ohio State (7-1) Defeated Purdue 49-0. No, you get used to it.
- Nebraska (6-1) Defeated Oklahoma St. 51-41. Future Big 10 bias moves Nebraska back into the top 10. For now.
- Utah (7-0). Token small conference team.
For fun. Brett Farve's new Wrangler commercial.