Monday, February 15, 2010

C-Buzzed: The Pub Polaris

I opined in the last session that it was not easy to find cask ale.  Little did I know that the pub down the road from my office not only has a cask conditioned ale on tap, but it's a rotation of cask ales from Brew Dog, the (im)-famous scottish brewery.  That's reason enough for me to make a few return visits.  Currently they have the Paradox on tap.  It's a stout aged in Scotch barrels.  I normally don't like smokey beers, but this one works.  The rest of their beer list is rather impressive, with quite a nice selection of English/Irish/Scotch beers that you don't normally see on tap in US bars.  See the list here.

They have the normal bar food, along with some traditional english food.  I got bangers and mash.  That's sausage, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots.  Simple, greasy goodness that begs for at least two pints to un-clog your arteries.

As you have guessed by now, I liked this bar a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment