Thursday, December 17, 2009

Breckenridge Avalanche

Web Stuff:  Subtlety. That's what makes our Avalanche amber ale such a treat. We blend pale and caramel malts – and just a kiss of bittering hops – to create a refreshing-but-flavorful, any-time beer. Aromas of pale grains, a semi-sweet middle and a clean-as-Colorado-snow finish make this our best-selling beer.

How does it really taste?  I feel like I'm in a slump.  I keep drinking beers that are accurately described by their marketing department.  What am I going to make fun of?  I guess "clean-as-Colorado-snow" cries out for me to say that clean snow is not yellow.  I just can't make myself stoop that low. 

It's another good session beer.  Good flavor, but not overpowering.

Cost:  Mix & Match 6 pack
Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment