Monday, October 29, 2012

The Power Wry 2012 Week 9

The Power Rye, or Power Wry, depending on my mood and state of sobriety, is the most accurate ranking of college football available.  Each week, I feed all of the facts, figures, stats, scores and a pint of rye whiskey into the Power Rye ranking matrix.  Two days later, I pinch off a post.

  1. Kansas State (8-0) Defeated Texas Tech  55-24.  Your mission, beat the rest of the cupcakes on your schedule and hope that Oregon, and Our Lady of I'm Back Baby lose, and Alabama's team catches that steroid meningitis.
  2. Oregon (8-0) Defeated Colorado 70-14.  Looks like bringing in Peyton Manning didn't pay off.
  3. Alabama (8-0)  Defeated Mississippi State 38-7.  I can never remember which one of the Mississippi schools payed Sandra Bullock to have Michael Oher go to their school.
  4. Our Lady de Just Suck it Haters (8-0) defeated Oklahoma 30-13.  I hope that they have a big screen in heaven.  Beano Cook has been predicting this resurgence for 15 years.
  5. Ohio State (9-0) Defeated Penn State 35-23.  It's amazing how deafening 105,000 people can be while they turn a blind eye.
  6. Louisville (8-0) Defeated Cincinnati 34-31. The Bear Cats would have pulled it off, but since the Bengals were off this weekend, they let them take their place.  Plan go poof.
  7. Georgia (7-1) Defeated Florida 17-9.  I guess that if you beat my #1 from last week, I'll let you back in the top 10.
  8. Oregon State (6-1) Lost to Washington 20-17.  Clean the kitchen Cinderella.
  9. Florida (7-1) Lost to Georgia.  Do the dishes Cinderella.
  10. Kent State (7-1) Defeated Rutgers 35-23.  If only a storm would come through to wash the stain of this loss from New Jersey.  Oh shit.
Stay safe everybody.
I'm thinking about building an ark.

No comments:

Post a Comment