Monday, October 15, 2012

The Power Rye NCAA Week 7 Rankings

I spent a long weekend in Nashville watching the Steelers not win and drinking until I lost my voice again.  Still searching for it.  Let's get to raaankins.


The Power Rye, or Power Wry, depending on my mood and state of sobriety, is the most accurate ranking of college football available.  Each week, I feed all of the facts, figures, stats, scores and a pint of rye whiskey into the Power Rye ranking matrix.  Two days later, I pinch off a post.
  1. Oregon (5-0) Did not play.  It was probably raining.
  2. Alabama (4-0)  Defeated Missouri 42-10.  Did Alabama join the Big 12(10)?
  3. Florida (6-0) Defeated Vanderbilt 31-17.  I know that I left Florida off last week.  I was just waiting for them to beat a quality opponent.
  4. Ohio State (7-0) Defeated Indiana 52-49.  Braxton Miller was money from the 3-point line.
  5. Kansas State (6-0) Defeated Iowa State 27-21 and nobody watched it.  
  6. Oregon State (5-0) Defeated BYU 42-24 in an electoral college landslide.
  7. Our Lady de Just About Right defeated Stanford 20-20  20-13.
  8. Oklahoma (4-1) Defeated Texas 63-21.  Texas would be doing better, but Urban Meyer left Will Muschamp an empty cupboard.
  9. Rutgers (6-0) Defeated Syracuse 23-15.  Nice to see the MAC still representing.
  10. Louisville (6-0) Defeated Pittsburgh 45-35.  Conference USA y'all.
I went and cursed my College Pick'em last week.  That's what I get for betting big on Sparty, South Carolina; the Sparty of the South, and WVU; the West Virginia of the Big 12(10).

No comments:

Post a Comment