Thursday, March 25, 2010

Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse

Label stuff:  Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse is a collaboration between brewmasters Hans-Peter Drexler of the Schneider brewing company and Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery.  Together they bring you a new sensation, a pale weissbock fermented with the Schneider yeast, then robustly dry-hopped with a blend of Amarillo and Palisade hops.

How does it taste?  It seems that every beer that I buy that is sealed with a cork smells sour.  Fortunately, this one is only slightly off.  I'm not a fan of the yeast in this beer.  It's not Belgian bad, but it is Belgian-Lite.  The wheat flavor is good.  I love Amarillo hops, which I use to dry hop my home-brews.  Amarillo adds great citrus aromas, without beeing too bitter.  They should have used more.  You expect these kind of beers to be better than your average beer, I don't equate different and quality.  It still has to taste great amd this beer is pretty average.  Having said all of that, for a beer that doesn't blow me away, it does go down quickly.

Cost: $11.49 for 1 pint, 9.4 fl oz.
Grade: C
Cost Adjusted Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment