Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What in the world is...Dumante Verdenoce

It's a pistachio liqueur.

That doesn't sound like you: It sure doesn't.

Let's travel back in time to December 2007. The phone rings at the house and the caller id says Ohio Liquor Control. Finally, they want to speak with a subject matter expert! They want to talk to my wife about a liquor that she is trying to find. I tell them to say no more. It's a gift for me. Call back and I'll let it ring to voicemail so that I can be surprised.

Oh joy oh joy! I'm finally going to get some Pappy Van Winkle's. (at the time I was Pappy-less) I've been hinting and hinting about it. Christmas comes, and I get a chick drink. She had tried it at a conference in Atlanta. I do remember her saying how good it was and that I need to try it. E for effort.

There is one sip left in the bottle (which is odd, I haven't been drinking it. Must be the dogs.) She's tried to get at it several times. I say nope, that's my Christmas present and I'm going to blog about it.

So I've blogged about it and the bottle is now kaput.

What does it taste like? Better than amaretto, not as good as Frangelica.

No comments:

Post a Comment