Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Drafts from the Cultural Hub of the Midwest: Imperial Brown Goose

Hey! Goose Island made a bourbon ale.

I walk into the bar and check to see if they have anything new on tap. I see a tap handle which is basically a goose head with the long neck. "What's the Imperial Brown Ale?" I ask. It's a barrel aged ale. Not wanting to commit the big mug to a bad beer, I ask for a sample. Nate the bartender hands me a rocks glass with the beer. As I'm about to sip it, he mentions the bourbon flavor. Filler' up!

I loves me some Bourbon Ale! Bob's has a bourbon ale on tap. Whoo hoo!

Web stuff:
A strong bourbon barrel aged ale yeah baby, yeah! , this ale is rich and full flavored with notes of wood nope, vanilla yes, and raisin yes.
Alcohol by Volume: 7.2% I'm pretty sure that it's 72%
International Bitterness Units: 55
Preferred Glass: Snifter I'm happy with my 25 0z mug.
Preferred Serving Temperature: 45º
Availability: Limited ReleaseDraft: 1/6 bbl

How does it taste compared to the other bourbon ales? It is a sweeter version of the Kentucky Ale.
What happens when you drink a 25 oz mug? You get very tipsy, and very full.
Grade: A

I also tried the Left Hand Brewing Company Octoberfest in the bottle. Tastes like every other Octoberfest beer: C

No comments:

Post a Comment