Saturday, May 1, 2010

House Tonic Challenge: Fever Tree vs. 365

As a result of parenthood, I have been drinking a lot of gin-less tonics.  Fever Tree is a premium tonic that costs about $5.60 for 4-6.8 oz bottles.  365 is Whole Foods store brand, you get 6 12-oz cans for around $3.50.  So you get 3x the tonic for 1/2 the price.  Chalk up a point for the 365.

Basically, I'm drinking tonic water with a squeeze of lime juice.  Both tonics are made with cane sugar instead of corn syrup.  If you do your serving size math, the fever tree has slightly more sugar, but I think that the 365 tastes sweeter.  I like them both, but I gotta go with the value of the 365 brand.

365 is the new house tonic.  Yay!

What do you do if you don't have a Whole Foods in your town?  Move out of the sticks Bubba.

No comments:

Post a Comment