Monday, August 24, 2009

Old Speckled Hen

Not every beer review needs to be for a trendy craft beer.

My friends who gave me the Purple Haze came over to hang out around the fire and brought some old speckled hen. The beer was cold, the Manhattan's were strong, and the air was smokey. They redeemed themselves.

Label stuff: Named after an unusual, speckled vintage MG car, Old Speckled Hen is a Pale Ale which owes it's distinctive character and dry taste to a unique strain of yeast first used in 1896. The complex flavor reflects skills developed over 200 years of independent brewing history.

I can't find anything to mock. I better take my temperature to make sure that I'm not getting sick. Maybe after the next beer.

How does it taste? It is very bitter, the bitterness travels all the way to my nasal passages, which is an interesting experience.

Alc: 5.2%
Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment