Friday, August 14, 2009

Drafts from the Cultural Hub of the Midwest: Stone Anniversary Ale, Great Lakes Independence Ale

You've never been to the cultural hub of the midwest? It's my local tavern. I can walk to it, and stumble home. They have 24 beers on tap, and the shittiest is Guinness. They also have a large selection of bottled beers. I finished their "world tour", so I have a 25 0z mug that I fill at pint prices. At happy hour, I can't drink this cheaply at home. It's a good thing that I only go 2-3 times a month. These reviews will not have a cost or cost adjusted grade. They will also be brief and to the point.

Stone Anniversary Ale: It's reddish amber in color, which matches the web description. Good to know that I am not color blind. It has a nice hoppy aroma. The first taste is bitter on the tongue, and the bitterness keeps on coming. It's almost really good.

Grade: B-

Great Lakes Independence Ale: Nice beer. Nothing to write home about. Kind of like an English bitter, which is a tad ironic.

Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment