Monday, October 21, 2013

Power Wry Week 8

Why all the pictures of guys in suit & ties, suit & ties?
Just a year late for the Timberlake reference.
The Power Rye, or Power Wry, depending on my mood and state of sobriety, is the most accurate ranking of college football available.  Each week, I feed all of the facts, figures, stats, scores and whiskey into the Power Rye ranking matrix.  Before I sober up, I pinch off a post.

This week's Power Wry is brought to you by a Sazerac Rye Manhattan.  I'll have two or threve before I'm done with this post.

  1. Oregon (7-0) Defeated Washington St late.  Again?
  2. Alabama (5-0) Beat Arkansas 52-0.  Allow me to make the 5 millionth #KARMA joke.
  3. Florida State (6-0) Whooped Clemson 51-14.  If my memory serves me right, and it always does, Clemson used to coach the Minnesota basketball team.  Not that impressive when you look at it that way.
  4. Ohio State (7-0) Beat Iowa 34-24.  Our defense is crap on a stick.
  5. Miami (6-0) Beat North Carolina 27-23.  Winning the coveted Butch-Davis-Used-To-Coach-Here trophy.
  6. Baylor (6-0) Defeated Iowa St 71-7.  Way to beat the fake Iowa.
  7. Clemson (6-1) Let's see, what did I say last week... "Clemson (6-0) Defeated Boston College 24-14.  The hacks in the AP would drop you a couple of spots for that.  I'm going to wait for Florida State to kick your ass next week."  Pretty much nailed that one.
  8. Missouri (7-0) Defeated Florida 36-17.  Nice job Urban.
  9. Stanford (6-1) Defeated UCLA 24-10.  Tough loss for Jim Mora JUNIOR. He hates that.
  10. Wisconsin (6-1 5-2) Beat Illinois 56-32.  No PAC 12 officials were harmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment