Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cucapá Tequila Barrel Aged Ale

Wow!  It is a rare occasion when you can say that I've never had anything like this before, and you can also say that it is good.  It is a barley wine aged in tequila barrels, apparently it's the first tequila barrel aged beer.  Let me tell you, it's something special.

It's sweet, but not sugary.  There is of course agave and some lime in the flavor and oddly enough cola, with a bit of bitterness in the finish.  It's a tough one to describe, other than it tastes really good.  And, since it's a barley wine.  I'm feeling quite happy.

This is the first beer that I have reviewed in 4 months, and only the third in the last year and a half.  That should say something right there.  Let me tell, you, I've drank a lot of beers not worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment