Monday, November 14, 2011

The Power Rye 11-14-11 Ranking Bye-Bye-Boise


The Power Rye, or Power Wry, depending on my mood and state of sobriety, is the most accurate ranking of college football available.  Each week, I feed all of the facts, figures, stats, scores and a pint of rye whiskey into the Power Rye ranking matrix.  Two days later, I pinch off a post.
  1. LSU (10-0) Defeated Western Kentucky 42-9.  Western Kentucky is the very thin part of the state, otherwise known as the pencil dick of the south.  Or is that Spurrier's nickname?
  2. Oklahoma State (10-0) Defeated Texas Tech 66-6.  Excuse me while I consult the book of revelations to see what this means.
  3. Alabama (9-1) Defeated Mississippi State 24-7.  Here's a little behind-the-scenes on the ranking.  Sometimes I get stuck trying to come up with a smart-assed comment, and come back to that team or teams when I'm done.  I got nothing for this one and my drink is almost empty.  At least you learned something useless.
  4. Oregon (9-1) Defeated Stanford 52-30.  Luck is a can't miss prospect, which means that the Colts will suck for 10 more years.
  5. Oklahoma (8-1) Did not play.  As always +1.
  6. Arkansas (9-1) Defeated Tennessee 49-7.  Penn State is sending representatives to UT to find out how you fill a 100k stadium year after year when you suck.
  7. Clemson (9-1) Defeated Wake Forest 31-28.  I can't believe that I have an ACC team ranked this high, this late in the season.
  8. Houston (10-0) Defeated Tulane 73-17.  73 points.  I like your style.  You can be my new Boise.  Next week, you will be ranked 9th.
  9. South Carolina (9-2) Defeated Florida 17-12.  It could be worse Florida, you could have lost to Purdue.
  10. Virginia Tech (9-1) Defeated Georgia Tech 37-26.  Seriously.  Two ACC teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment