Sunday, October 25, 2009

Two Parts Rye's Barcelona Adventure Part 2: Sangria and unexpected coolness.

Intro can be found here.

Part 1 can be found here.

The impetus for this trip was a weekend work conference for Mrs. Rye that we extended into a long vacation.  Come Friday evening Barcelona time, our first day there, I had been up for 30 hours and wanted to sleep for about 14.  Mrs Rye was heading back to the conference for dinner and badgered me until I got up.  The following picture does not do the crowd justice.  I took it the following evening.  Imagine all of these stairs jam packed full of people.



Mrs. Rye asked me what I was going to do?  I'm heading up the hill to see what's up.  I make my way up the first flight of stairs and see a bocadillo stand.  I ask for a chorizo sandwich (in Barcelona, chorizo is salami, not sausage) and a sangria.  The lady says to me, this is a 1/2 liter, only 1.  Obviously she does not know that she's talking to the scribe of Two Parts Rye, the world famous drinking sight.  SeƱorita please.

I'm standing around, munching on my sandwich and all of a sudden Ode to Joy is vibrating through the air.  I turn around and this happens.



Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment