Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ranking the staples

I consider Scotch, Irish, Bourbon and Canadian to be their own category of whiskey. This ranking is a general ranking of styles. There are cognacs that I like better than most bourbons. This is looking at your typical $20-$30 bottle.
  1. Bourbon. America's drink.
  2. Irish. Beer is made from barley. Irish is made from barley. It's not a coincidence folks.
  3. Cognac. The snootiest of the staples happens to be one of the tastiest.
  4. Gin. I have drank so many G&T's, I am immune to malaria.
  5. Tequila. A lot of folks feel about this like I feel about Jack Daniel's. Vomiting up your toe nails will do that to a person.
  6. Scotch. I've been in denial for along time. The truth is, I'm not a fan of peat.
  7. Canadian. It'll get you drunk.
  8. Rum. Too sweet.
  9. Brandy. Also, too sweet.
  10. Vodka. For half a day, this blog was called Vodka is for girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment