Friday, November 9, 2012

Colonel E.H. Taylor Straight Rye

Buffalo Trace Distillery continues to produce so many good whiskeys, their motto should be "we always remember to cup the balls."  For the ladies that didn't get that reference, it's like "dialing the radio", except we actually like it.

I've been a big fan of the Colonel Taylor Series and the Rye does not disappoint.
It has been a while since I played the official press release tasting notes game.  Let's dust it off tonight.

The latest offering from Buffalo Trace Distillery pays tribute to the former Distillery owner with a small batch, Bottled-In-Bond, 100 proof, straight rye whiskey from days long past.
An altogether different recipe and profile than Sazerac Rye, this recipe contains just rye and malted barley, no corn.  Well I'll be damned.  The result is an aroma full of dried fruit agreed, black pepper if by pepper, you mean oak, then sure, and touch of fresh dill nope. A small sip brings an array of flavors both sweet and savory It's like I'm watching Mexico, One Plate at a Time.  Thank you Rick Bayless, I've learned so much from your show.  It's a shame that your brother Skip is the world's biggest ass-hat.  Guessing that only the fans of Mexican cooking shows will get that reference.  Fortunately PBS will survive and those of you who are curious should check it out. With a terrific balance of dark spices and subtle caramel overtones.  I guess I can give you that one.  The finish is especially pleasing with an oaky dryness that lingers just long enough.

I've refilled my glass and "proof-read" this post.  It's quite the train wreck, like Chuggington ... and Publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment