Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Watershed Bourbon Barrel Gin

Last month I saw a tweet from Watershed inviting folks to a premier party for the bourbon barrel aged gin.  The party started at 11 and the gin was unveiled at midnight.  For me, this was an I'm too old for that crap moment. So I waited an additional week and bought it at the liquor store.  Was this story relevant?  Nope.

I have been anxiously awaiting this gin since I first heard about it a few months ago.  I was hoping for a Reese Cup Chocolate and Peanut Butter epiphany.  It's not that.  I get more smokey wood than bourbon notes when I taste it.  I've been trying to figure out if it would work bet in a gin or bourbon cocktail.  In the end, keep it simple and make a martini is the best thing to do.  I admit that after my second martini, I might be getting the vanilla sweetness from the bourbon.  There is the lesson for you.  When in doubt, drink more.

It tastes like their regular gin, which is good, with a light wood flavor in the finish.

Long Sleeves are for Pansies Martini
  • 4 oz Bourbon Barrel Gin
  • 1/8 oz sweet vermouth (using Cocci Vermouth di Tourino)
  • STIR with ice and strain
  • Rim the glass and garnish with a lemon twist

No comments:

Post a Comment