Tuesday, September 13, 2011

D.O.M. Benedictine

Benedictine is another in a long line of great alcoholic beverages that was created by virgins.

It tastes like orange, sugar and spices, or as the label tells me, 27 spices.  I have the 1510 version, which is apparently a limited edition that tastes just like every other bottle of Benedictine.  I'll remember just how collectible it is when I throw it into the recycling bin.

It will probably take me a few years to kill it, but I want to put a dent in it.  I pulled out my NY bartenders cocktail book and found a recipe called the honeymoon.
  • 4 parts apple brandy
  • 2 parts benedictine
  • 2 parts fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp triple sec (another orange liqueur, very redundant)
Of course, I can never follow a recipe, plus, I have an almost empty bottle of applejack that gots-to-go.
I present the "Honeymoon is Over" cocktail. Which is pretty darn tasty.
  • 3 parts applejack
  • 1/2 part Benedictine
  • 1/2 part Lemoncello
I am using Cousin David's lemoncello which is as follows.
  • Put lemon zest into Everclear to create an extract.
  • Add sugar, and I sincerely hope, water.
I think that I can feel my toenails growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment