Friday, May 25, 2012

The Ginger Julep '68 Fastback

Ahhh, the summer of '68.  Boobs were sagging.  Gas was leaded.  And, I was still a few years from being born so I don't know what I'm talking about.

I featured this recipe right before the Kentucky Derby in exchange for a bottle of Bulleit for review.  I've reviewed Bulleit Bourbon way back in yee-olden days of 2009, and in summary.  Is it good?  Yes?   Is it my favorite?  No.

It's hot today and this cocktail works nice.  I've swapped out the muddling for 1/2 oz of ginger syrup and swapped the soda water and twist for some french lemonade.

If you can not see this recipe in IE, get Chrome.


The Ginger Julep ’68 Fastback
Choice 2Ingredients:
o   1 ½ oz. Ginger Infused Bulleit Bourbon
o   ½ oz. Organic Brown Sugar
o   ¼ oz.  Peeled Minced Fresh Ginger
o   1 ½ oz. Soda Water
o   1 Lemon or Lime Twist

Directions: Muddle the ginger and brown sugar together until all of the sugar is moistened and nearly dissolved. Add a dash of soda to finish dissolving the sugar, stir in your Bourbon. Finish with ice, soda to taste and a lemon or lime twist.

Why we love it: The Ginger Julep ’68 Fastback brings a warm, gentle heat to the julep cocktail family with an invigorating ginger kick and splash of lime zest.




No comments:

Post a Comment