Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two Parts Wry Observations: Who the eff is Marty Bannister?

I'm really trying to let this USC game go. I started to post this yesterday, but I said "Jim , let it go." I was at Bob's Bar tonight and my buddy Scott said that he had heard it this dipshit on the radio too.

Drinking beer, bitching about football. The last cathartic step is to blog.

If you don't care about football, this won't be a post for you. If you hate OSU, experience schadenfreude. If you are an OSU person, join me in loathing this Micky Mouse D-bag.

Level set time. I have accepted that our head coach is a good person, world class recruiter, brings a shit-load of money to the university, which makes him teflon, He should fire himself as offensive coordinator. Unfortunately, he just won't do that. Monday night, I'm doing my best to let this game go. While I'm doing some some yard-work and listening to the radio, I hear some smurf named Marty Bannister on the Buckeye Roundtable say that the crowd was loud, but not intimidating during the game. I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure that I saw Matt Barkley crap down his leg for 3 1/2 quarters. I'm also sure that the crowd had nothing to do with the botched punt that sailed through the end zone for a safety in the 3rd quarter.

So, who the eff is Marty Bannister? He is the sideline reporter with a voice made for literature. If that crowd was not intimidating, then there will never be an intimidating crowd in the shoe. Go back to selling insurance or radio advertising or whatever it is you do during the week.

Cocktail time. The Marty Bannister

1 oz Amaretto
1 oz Red Bull
1 oz Jaegermeister
1 oz Grey Goose

Punch yourself in the nuts and enjoy!

He's probably a nice guy, but that was a really stupid thing to say. Football fans are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment